4th Annual 50 West / Ocelot Classic Info
Registration is closed.
Entry registration is closed.
Saturday, December 1st 2018 @ Ocelot Brewing Co
11:00am Stewards arrive for setup
12:00-Noon Stewards/Judges/Volunteers Lunch and Check-in
1:00pm First Round Judging begins
Best of Show Round to follow (estimated start time: between 3 and 4:15pm)
5:00pm Awards Cerimony in the tasting room
- This competition is open to any amateur homebrewer age 21 or older.
- All mailed entries must be received at the mailing location by the shipping deadline - please allow for shipping time.
- All entries must be handcrafted products, containing ingredients available to the general public, and made using private equipment by hobbyist brewers (i.e., no use of commercial facilities or Brew on Premises operations, supplies, etc.).
- The competition organizers are not responsible for mis-categorized entries, mailed entries that are not received by the entry deadline, or entries that arrived damaged.
- The competition organizers reserve the right to combine styles for judging and to restructure awards as needed depending upon the quantity and quality of entries.
- The competition committee reserves the right to combine categories based on number of entries. All possible effort will be made to combine similar styles. All beers in combined categories will be judged according to the style they were originally entered in.
- Entries will be judged in one round of judging. The top entry from each flight will advance to a Best of Show round where the top 3 overall beers will be selected and awarded.
- One beer from the Best of Show round will be awarded Brewer's Choice. The homebrewer will be invited to brew their winning beer at Ocelot and served to the public.
- Bottles will not be returned to entrants.
BJCP 2015 Judging Styles
If a style's name is hyperlinked, it has specific entry requirements. Click or tap on the name to view the subcategory's requirements.
|1A American Light Lager||1B American Lager||1C Cream Ale|
|1D American Wheat Beer||2A International Pale Lager||2B International Amber Lager|
|2C International Dark Lager||3A Czech Pale Lager||3B Czech Premium Pale Lager|
|3C Czech Amber Lager||3D Czech Dark Lager||4A Munich Helles|
|4B Festbier||4C Helles Bock||5A German Leichtbier|
|5B Kolsch||5C German Exportbier||5D German Pils|
|6A Marzen||6B Rauchbier||6C Dunkels Bock|
|7A Vienna Lager||7B Altbier||7C Kellerbier|
|8A Munich Dunkel||8B Schwarzbier||9A Doppelbock|
|9B Eisbock||9C Baltic Porter||10A Weissbier|
|10B Dunkels Weissbier||10C Weizenbock||11A Ordinary Bitter|
|11B Best Bitter||11C Strong Bitter||12A English Golden Ale|
|12B Australian Sparkling Ale||12C English IPA||13A Dark Mild|
|13B English Brown Ale||13C English Porter||14A Scottish Light|
|14B Scottish Heavy||14C Scottish Export||15A Irish Red Ale|
|15B Irish Stout||15C Irish Extra Stout||16A Sweet Stout|
|16B Oatmeal Stout||16C Tropical Stout||16D Foreign Extra Stout|
|17A English Strong Ale||17A1 Burton Ale||17B Old Ale|
|17C Wee Heavy||17D English Barleywine||18A Blonde Ale|
|18B American Pale Ale||19A American Amber Ale||19B California Common|
|19C American Brown Ale||20A American Porter||20B American Stout|
|20C Imperial Stout||21A American IPA||21B Specialty IPA|
|21B1 Belgian IPA||21B2 Black IPA||21B3 Brown IPA|
|21B4 Red IPA||21B5 Rye IPA||21B6 White IPA|
|21B7 New England IPA||22A Double IPA||22B American Strong Ale|
|22C American Barleywine||22D Wheatwine||23A Berliner Weisse|
|23B Flanders Red Ale||23C Oud Bruin||23D Lambic|
|23E Gueuze||23F Fruit Lambic||24A Witbier|
|24B Belgian Pale Ale||24C Biere de Garde||25A Belgian Blond Ale|
|25B Saison||25C Belgian Golden Strong Ale||26A Trappist Single|
|26B Belgian Dubbel||26C Belgian Tripel||26D Belgian Dark Strong Ale|
|27A Historical Beer||27A1 Gose||27A2 Piwo Grodziskie|
|27A3 Lichtenhainer||27A4 Roggenbier||27A5 Sahti|
|27A6 Kentucky Common||27A7 Pre-Prohibition Lager||27A8 Pre-Prohibition Porter|
|27A9 London Brown Ale||28A Brett Beer||28B Mixed Fermentation Sour Beer|
|28C Wild Specialty Beer||29A Fruit Beer||29B Fruit and Spice Beer|
|29C Speciality Fruit Beer||30A Spice, Herb, or Vegetable Beer||30B Autumn Seasonal Beer|
|30C Winter Seasonal Beer||31A Alternative Grain Beer||31B Alternative Sugar Beer|
|32A Classic Style Smoked Beer||32B Specialty Smoked Beer||33A Wood-Aged Beer|
|33B Specialty Wood-Aged Beer||34A Clone Beer||34B Mixed-Style Beer|
|34C Experimental Beer||PRX1 Dorada Pampeana||PRX2 IPA Argenta|
|PRX3 Italian Grape Ale||PRX4 Catharina Sour||PRX5 New Zealand Pilsner|
Judging Session Locations and Dates
Best of Show
1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded medals/prizes in the Best of Show round. One beer in the Best of Show round will win Brewer's Choice. The homebrewer of this beer will have the opportunity to have their beer brewed at and served at Ocelot Brewing.
The awards ceremony will take place once judging is completed.
This is a best of show competition, individual awards will not necessarily be given by category. Medals and prizes will be awarded for Best of Show 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. One beer from the Best of Show round will be selected as the Brewer's Choice. The homebrewer of this beer will have the opportunity to have their beer brewed at and served at Ocelot Brewing.
Additional prizes may be awarded to those winners present at the awards ceremony at the discretion of the competition organizers.
Awards will be available for pick up that night after the ceremony concludes. Awards not picked up will be mailed back to participants. Score sheets will be scanned and emailed to entrants in the week following the event. Results will be posted to the competition web site after the ceremony concludes.